Guidelines for collecting and using information on the Tamimi Markets website:
- This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
- Tamimi Markets does not collect personally identifiable information on this site, unless furnished voluntarily by customers, and does not sell, share, or rent any such personally identifiable information.
- Tamimi Markets uses IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track users’ links, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
- This website may contain links and resources to other websites and Tamimi Markets is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. Users are encouraged to read the privacy statements of these websites regarding their use of personally identifiable information.
- This website takes every precaution to protect users’ information. When users submit sensitive information via the website, the information is protected both online and offline.
A. Collection of Website User Information
Tamimi Markets may collect information about users when they:
- Visit or interact with the website and other Tamimi Markets e-properties.
- Register to create an account on the website.
- Take part in promotions, customer surveys and questionnaires.
- Interact with Tamimi Markets through other means, such as store visits and phone calls.
Tamimi Markets uses “cookies” to recognize users when they use or return to the website. This is done to provide a continuous and more personalized shopping experience for users. A cookie is a small text file that a website or email may save to the user’s browser and store on the user’s hard drive, which includes the pages visited on the website, the user’s web address, and the user’s type of browser. This information helps Tamimi Markets customize the user’s website experience and provide more relevant marketing messages. In order to provide the best guest experience possible, this information also is used for internal reporting and analysis purposes, such as how users browse the website, performance measurements for marketing efforts, and users’ response to those marketing efforts.
Tamimi Markets has automatic access to receive and collect certain anonymous information in standard usage logs through a web server, obtained from cookies sent to users’ browsers from web server cookies stored on users’ hard drives, including but not limited to:
- Computer identification information.
- IP address assigned to every user’s computer.
- The domain server through which the user accesses the website.
- The user’s type of computer.
- The user’s type of web browser.
Tamimi Markets also collects personally identifiable information that users may choose to provide while they are on the website, including:
- First and last name.
- Email address.
- Contact details, including phone numbers.
- PIN/ZIP code.
- Demographic profile (such as age, gender, occupation, education and address).
- Personal preferences and interests.
- Opinions about services, products, and features on the website and in the stores.
Tamimi Markets may also collect the following information about:
- The pages users visit/access.
- The links users click on in the website.
- The number of times users access the page.
- Items users view, add to a shopping list, or select for purchase.
- Other websites users open simultaneously while browsing this one.
Tamimi Markets collects information about users when they:
- Purchase, order, return, exchange or request information about products and services in stores, on the website, or on mobile applications.
- Create a Tamimi Markets online account.
- Visit the website or participate in interactive features of the site or mobile applications, such as product reviews or the weekly ad.
- Use a social media service, such as Tamimi Markets’ Facebook page or YouTube channel.
- Create a shopping list.
- Sign up for e-mails, mobile messages, or social media notifications from Tamimi Markets.
- Respond to a survey or participate in a focus group.
- Conduct a transaction where information is provided by the user.
- Provide comments, suggestions, or other feedback.
B. Use of Information Collected
Tamimi Markets may use information collected on the website to:
- Manage and improve the website.
- Personalize services to users.
- Administer and operate user accounts.
- Tell users about important changes to the website and services.
- Understand users’ shopping behavior to develop and improve products and services.
- Manage promotions, customer surveys and questionnaires.
Please note that:
- Tamimi Markets is the sole owner of user information collected at different points on the website.
- Tamimi Markets will collect personally identifiable information about users only as part of a voluntary registration process, guest check out, online survey, or any combination of these activities.
- Tamimi Markets may send users updates upon registration, updates regarding status of orders, and promotional emails about new products, special offers, etc.
- Tamimi Markets does not share or rent users’ information with third parties except agents and alliance partners.
- Tamimi Markets shares email addresses with agents and alliance partners who use the email address to confirm deliveries, send notices and offer services related to the service.
- Tamimi Markets does not rent, sell or share users’ personal information and will not disclose any personally identifiable information to any other third parties unless required by special circumstances such as compliance with subpoenas, court orders, or requests/orders from legal authorities or law enforcement agencies requiring such disclosure.
- Users may offer their views, suggestions, and comments, if any, by submitting an online feedback form.